|We are currently seeking two drivers who will report to the Transport Manager and work closely with the Traffic Controllers, other drivers and our customers.
The roles serve a crucial part of Cawleys depots’ performance and are responsible for the day to day collection of waste.
Apply Now (No agencies)
- Receiving routing instructions from the Transport Office, carrying out collections efficiently, in accordance with the law and in the best interests of our customers.
- Use the correct equipment for the job and see that it is maintained correctly.
- Ensure the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and procedures as indicated by line management.
- Prepare Tachograph Disc as required by law and ensure that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
- Take all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation.
- Carry out Driver’s maintenance correctly, at the correct intervals, and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
- Working as part of a small team on a rounds-based operation.
- Physically able to collect wheeled bins, commercial waste bins, and appropriate use of the mechanical bin lifts where applicable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Driven and positive
|Qualifications, Experience and Training
- Full UK HGV Class II driving licence
- Digi tachograph + Analogue Charts
- Full CPC
- No more than 6 points on license (No IN, DR, DD or CD endorsements)
- ADR desirable but not essential