Special notice concerning Coronavirus
Please see our latest update and information regarding Cawleys' measures in relation to Coronavirus.
Our commitment to Health and Safety
At Cawleys, the Board of Directors are committed to ensuring the highest level of Health, Safety and Wellbeing Management. We want to ensure that all our staff, our customers and members of the public who could be affected by our work activities are protected. We are committed to providing:
- A safe place of work, safe systems of work, safe work equipment, a safe and healthy working environment and competent co-workers;
- Ensure consultation with the workforce on any factors that may affect their health, safety and welfare;
- Promote work engagement by providing the opportunity for the workforce to raise safety issues individually or collectively.
- Actively promote an open attitude to health and safety issues, encouraging staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute to creating and maintaining a safe working environment;
- Have a strategic plan and specific objectives and targets that are updated annually and monitored monthly;
- Regularly monitor our performance and revise our health and safety management system as necessary, to ensure we achieve our objective of continuous improvement;
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to enable our staff to work safely and effectively;
- Provide appropriate prevention and protective measures to ensure the safety and absence of health risks in connection with use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
- Provide employees with health surveillance where appropriate;
- Support employees returning to work after sickness / accidents;
- Ensure management and staff have access to competent health and safety advice;
- Consult with employees as necessary aver Health and Safety matters;
- Take action where standards fall below those expected;
- Internally and externally audit our Health and Safety Management Systems to maintain our OHSAS 18001:2007 Accreditation.
Major recent health and safety initiatives
- Installation of the first indoor thermal imaging / automatic fire suppression system in a waste company in the UK;
- The only UK waste company to be part of the DVSA earned recognition scheme;
Cawleys welcome safety suggestions
- Colleagues / staff are encouraged and expected to discuss Health, Safety and Wellbeing matters with their line managers;
- We also welcome suggestions for H&S improvements from members of the public and we encourage them to contact us if they see our staff behaving in what they feel to be an unsafe way.