We are looking to expand our fleet of class 2 drivers by investing in people to secure their HGV Class 2 licence and training with Cawleys. The training programme will last 6-8 weeks during which time you will be employed as a drivers mate to assist on the round you will take over once you have your Class 2 licence.
Once fully trained your duties will be as follows:
- Receiving routing instructions from the Transport Office, carrying out collections efficiently, in accordance with the law and in the best interests of our customers.
- Use the correct equipment for the job and see that it is maintained correctly.
- Ensure the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and procedures as indicated by line management.
- Prepare Tachograph Disc as required by law and ensure that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
- Take all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation.
- Carry out Driver’s maintenance correctly, at the correct intervals, and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
- Physically able to collect wheeled bins, commercial waste bins, and appropriate use of the mechanical bin lifts where applicable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Flexible and proactive attitude with excellent customer service skills
In return we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay with
- Overtime at 1.5 times hourly rate after 48 hours worked.
- Life Assurance 1.5 times annual salary
- Full PPE
- Discount’s platform, Employee Assistance Programme and Cycle to work scheme
Please email me at Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org or bring in a hard copy of the CV to Dino Amaral.