We are currently recruiting for Class 2 Drivers based at Luton. We have opportunities across all modes of vehicles (Skip, Dustcart, Roro, Moffett) , with immediate starts and competitive rates of pay as well as a welcome bonus.
Our pay rates reflect experience and ability to drive multiple modes, with the highest rates paid for utility drivers who can be flexible across our fleet. We will offer training on all modes as required.
- Receiving routing instructions from the Transport Office, carrying out collections efficiently, in accordance with the law and in the best interests of our customers.
- Use the correct equipment for the job and see that it is maintained correctly.
- Ensure the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and procedures as indicated by line management.
- Prepare Tachograph Disc as required by law and ensure that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
- Take all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation.
- Carry out Driver’s maintenance correctly, at the correct intervals, and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
- Working as part of a small team on a rounds based operation.
- Physically able to collect wheeled bins, commercial waste bins, and appropriate use of the mechanical bin lifts where applicable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Driven and positive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks
Qualifications, Experience & Training -
- Full UK HGV Class 2 driving licence
- Digi tachograph + Analogue Charts
- Full CPC
- No more than 6 points on license (No IN, DR, DD or CD endorsements)
In return we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Welcome bonus of £250.00 once probation is completed.
- Overtime at 1.5 times hourly rate after 48 hours worked.
- Life Assurance 1.5 times annual salary
- Full PPE
- Discounts platform
Please email me at Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org or bring in a hard copy of the CV to Dino Amaral.